Virtual Pride Parade Entry Info
Celebrate Pride together while apart on Saturday, June 20!
Follow these steps to enter:
- Read the parade guidelines below. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the application form. You will receive an email within 7 days with an approval, the duration allowed for your entry, and directions on how to submit it.
- Use the link in the approval email to submit your content. Be sure to adhere to the maximum time you have been allotted.
- Watch for an acknowledgment that your submission has been received and is being programmed into the broadcast.
- Get ready to celebrate our first (and, hopefully, only) virtual Pride Parade!
Applications for individuals and small groups and for businesses and organizations are due by June 5.* Performer applications are due by May 23.*
*This deadline is based on availability. Applications will no longer be accepted once the virtual parade is at capacity. Apply early!
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Please read these guidelines carefully—by submitting an application you are agreeing to be bound by them. It’s unlikely, but requirements may be added at any time up until the submission deadline. If that happens, all applicants and submissions will be notified by email if needed.
Saskatoon Pride holds the right to accept or refuse any entry for any reason.
Parade participants must support Saskatoon Pride’s vision of an inclusive, safe, equitable, sustainable world that recognizes, values, celebrates, and supports the lives of two-spirit, queer, lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual, and other gender- and sexually-diverse people, and their families, regardless of their gender expression or identity. This is NOT just on the day of the parade, but every day.
Any entry deemed to be in violation of this policy in any way will be disqualified from participation in the Parade.
- Content should celebrate the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Local content will be given preference.
- Content should not be commercial-like, but be messages of support, encouragement, activism, celebration, and Pride.
- Individuals and small groups including families and friends, community organizations, Pride partners, 2SLGBTQ+ businesses and services, and performers, can create and submit video content or images showing their Pride during these challenging times.
- Videos and images that reflect a sense of place are encouraged.
- Partisan political applications and submissions will be reviewed by Saskatoon Pride to ensure the party supports Saskatoon Pride’s inclusion policy.
- Videos should be shot using social distancing. If multiple people are in a shot at the same time ensure they are spaced at least 2m apart unless they are all from one household or are otherwise following Saskatchewan Health Authority guidelines.
- If you feature marching, walking, or driving motion in your video ensure the motion goes from the left side of your screen to the right, so we can ensure all parade movement is in the same direction.
- The time allotted for your submission will be noted in your approval email. Generally speaking, videos from individuals and small groups should be 30 to 45 seconds or less. If your video is longer, you must have it approved by email before submitting it, otherwise it may be edited for length without notice or may not be included in the broadcast.
- Videos should be landscape oriented (horizontal). If you need to shoot in portrait orientation (vertical), this should be cleared by email in advance.
- The parade is family-friendly. Content must be suitable for all ages.
- Videos should not contain third-party sponsors or brands this has been cleared by email in advance. Content from organizations or businesses that features more than one organization, business, or brand should be cleared by email in advance. Videos that contain multiple organizations, companies or brands not listed on your application may be deemed ineligible.
- Respect copyright. Only videos that you make or are authorized to use are acceptable. Do not use content in your videos if you don’t own the copyright, such as music tracks, or portions of copyrighted film or tv programming unless you have and submit necessary authorizations in writing. No licensed music should be included in your parade video without permission from the artist. Proof of licensing is required. Entries featuring original content, including music, will be given preference.
- Entries must comply with all Facebook Rules & Regulations. The parade may be telecast on Facebook Live as well as other platforms. Facebook’s Terms of Service do not allow the posting of content that violates intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Use of commercial music without appropriate clearances could result in the Parade stream being removed from Facebook and other platforms—even if your entry just accidentally includes unintended background music (e.g. radio/tv in background. We are currently exploring options to provide more flexibility. In the meantime, feel free to use the free globally licensed library of music and sound effects from Facebook.
- Videos that do not adhere to the guidelines above will not be included in the parade broadcast.
- Information on how to submit your content will be emailed to after you have your application is approved. Direct any questions to email@example.com
You must be at least 16 years old to submit an entry. However, children of all ages may participate in videos if enabled by a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 18, you must represent that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the parade. Please have them read this agreement with you. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a a participant under the age of 18, giving permission means that you are subject to the terms of this agreement and responsible for your child’s activity. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants in the Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade shall indemnify and hold harmless Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc. dba Saskatoon Pride, its members, employees, contractors and volunteers from any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with acts or omissions related to the Parade. Participants shall reimburse Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc. for any costs, including but not limited to reasonable legal fees incurred in defence against any claim.
The purpose of the Virtual Pride Parade is to promote a positive image of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Participants shall respect all genders, gender identities and expressions, ages, races, cultures, creeds and sexual orientations. Participants shall be sensitive to the feelings, values and views of everyone in the community. No entry that is determined to be demeaning to any sector of our community will be accepted. The Virtual Pride Parade committee and the Saskatoon Pride directors are the sole arbiters of any dispute over content.
Participants are encouraged to wear bright, colourful clothes, costumes and accessories that celebrate Pride. Keep in mind that the Parade is a family-friendly event and community standards need to be maintained.
PARADE LINE UP
The Parade lineup (order of entries) will be determined after the entry deadline. The lineup will consist of several video packages, interspersed with performances and other features, and occasional live spots featuring the parade’s hosts.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Entries received after June 5, 2020 or that do not meet the guidelines outlined herein may not be included in the broadcast of the virtual parade.
The Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade will be broadcast Saturday, June 20. Time and broadcast platforms will be announced soon.
By providing content to the Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade, you grant Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc., dba Saskatoon Pride, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use that content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works and display it) in connection with the activities, promotional or otherwise, of Saskatoon Pride. The license granted shall continue in perpetuity after the conclusion of the parade.
CONDUCT OF PARADE PARTICIPANTS
Parade participants should conduct themselves in a manner that promotes diversity, inclusion, and support for the vision of Saskatoon Pride and the Pride movement. Profanity, obscene gestures, or other conduct deemed improper should be avoided in content.
ALCOHOL, MARIJUANA & OTHER SUBSTANCES
Use of alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances is not permitted in content. Content in violation of this guideline will not be featured in the broadcast.
DECISIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
Decisions rendered by the Parade Committee and/or Saskatoon Pride directors and/or staff are final. Saskatoon Pride maintains the right to refuse any application or submission for any reason.