Virtual Pride Parade Entry Info
Celebrate Pride together while apart on Saturday, June 20!
Follow these steps to enter:
- Read the parade guidelines below. If you have questions, email email@example.com
- Complete and submit the application form. You will receive an email within 7 days with an approval and some important submission guidelines. You will also receive the link to send/upload your submission to us.
- Use the link in the email to submit your entry. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that your entry has been submitted.
- Watch for an acknowledgment that your submission has been received and is being programmed into the broadcast.
- Get ready to celebrate our first (and, hopefully, only) virtual Pride Parade!
Applications for individuals and small groups and for businesses and organizations are due by June 5.* Performer applications are due by June 1.*
*Extensions for submissions may be available (email email@example.com by June 5 if you need an extension). Note however, that the deadline is based on availability. Applications will no longer be accepted once the virtual parade is at capacity. Apply as soon as you can!
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Please read carefully—by submitting an application you are agreeing to be bound by them. Saskatoon Pride holds the right to accept or refuse any entry for any reason.
Parade participants must support Saskatoon Pride’s vision of an inclusive, safe, equitable, sustainable world that recognizes, values, celebrates, and supports the lives of two-spirit, queer, lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual, and other gender- and sexually-diverse people, and their families, regardless of their gender expression or identity. This is NOT just on the day of the parade, but every day.
Any entry deemed to be in violation of this policy in any way will be disqualified from participation in the Parade.
Content should celebrate the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Content should not be commercial-like, but be messages of support, encouragement, activism, celebration, and Pride.
- Individuals, groups, organizations, sponsors, 2SLGBTQ+ friendly businesses, and performers, can create and submit video content or images showing their Pride during these challenging times.
- Partisan political applications and submissions will be reviewed by Saskatoon Pride to ensure support of Saskatoon Pride’s inclusion policy.
- Videos should be shot using horizontal (landscape) orientation.
- Videos should be shot using social distancing. If multiple people are in a shot at the same time ensure they are spaced at least 2m apart unless they are all from one household or are otherwise following Saskatchewan Health Authority guidelines.
- If you feature marching, walking, or driving motion in your video ensure the motion goes from the left side of your screen to the right.
- The time allotted for entries ranges from approximately 30 to 45 seconds* for individuals and small groups, organizations and business with a message have approx. 45 seconds to a minute*, and performers up to 4 minutes (but need to be approved first). Videos may be edited for length without notice.
- The parade is family-friendly. Content must be suitable for all ages.
- Videos should not contain third-party sponsors or brands unless this has been cleared by email in advance. Videos that contain multiple organizations, companies or brands not listed on your application may be deemed ineligible.
- Respect copyright. Only videos that you make or are authorized to use are acceptable. Do not use content in your videos if you don’t own the copyright, such as music tracks, or portions of copyrighted film or tv programming unless you have and submit necessary authorizations in writing. No licensed music should be included in your parade video without permission from the artist. Proof of licensing is required. Entries featuring original content, including music, will be given preference.
- We have selected some upbeat music that has been cleared for streaming on Facebook Live. Or you can choose other music from EpidemicSound.com and we can obtain it for you. Find out more here.
- You can also use the free globally licensed library of music and sound effects from Facebook.
- Entries must comply with all Facebook Rules & Regulations. The parade will be telecast on Facebook Live as well as other platforms. Facebook’s Terms of Service do not allow the posting of content that violates intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark. Use of commercial music without appropriate clearances could result in the Parade stream being removed from Facebook and other platforms—even if your entry just accidentally includes unintended background music (e.g. radio/tv in background).
- Videos that do not adhere to the guidelines above will not be included in the parade broadcast.
- Information on how to submit your content will be emailed to you after your application is approved. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be at least 16 years old to submit an entry. However, children of all ages may participate in videos if enabled by a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 18, you must represent that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the parade. Please have them read this agreement with you. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a a participant under the age of 18, giving permission means that you are subject to the terms of this agreement and responsible for your child’s activity. Direct any questions to email@example.com
Participants in the Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade shall indemnify and hold harmless Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc. dba Saskatoon Pride, its members, employees, contractors and volunteers from any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with acts or omissions related to the Parade. Participants shall reimburse Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc. for any costs, including but not limited to reasonable legal fees incurred in defence against any claim.
The purpose of the Virtual Pride Parade is to promote a positive image of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Participants shall respect all genders, gender identities and expressions, ages, races, cultures, creeds and sexual orientations. Participants shall be sensitive to the feelings, values and views of everyone in the community. No entry that is determined to be demeaning to any sector of our community will be accepted. The Virtual Pride Parade committee and the Saskatoon Pride directors are the sole arbiters of any dispute over content.
Participants are encouraged to wear bright, colourful clothes, costumes and accessories that celebrate Pride. Keep in mind that the Parade is a family-friendly event and community standards need to be maintained.
PARADE LINE UP
The Parade lineup (order of entries) will be determined after the entry deadline. The lineup will consist of several video packages, interspersed with performances and other features, and occasional live spots featuring the parade’s hosts.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Entries received after June 5, 2020 or that do not meet the guidelines outlined herein may not be included in the broadcast of the virtual parade. If you require an extension to the submission deadline, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade will be broadcast on Facebook Live at 1:00 pm CST Saturday, June 20.
By providing content to the Saskatoon 2020 Virtual Pride Parade, you grant Saskatoon Diversity Network Inc., dba Saskatoon Pride, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use that content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works and display it) in connection with the activities, promotional or otherwise, of Saskatoon Pride. The license granted shall continue in perpetuity after the conclusion of the parade.
CONDUCT OF PARADE PARTICIPANTS
Parade participants should conduct themselves in a manner that promotes diversity, inclusion, and support for the vision of Saskatoon Pride and the Pride movement. Profanity, obscene gestures, or other conduct deemed improper should be avoided in content.
ALCOHOL, MARIJUANA & OTHER SUBSTANCES
Use of alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances is not permitted in content. Content in violation of this guideline will not be featured in the broadcast.
DECISIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
Decisions rendered by the Parade Committee and/or Saskatoon Pride directors and/or staff are final. Saskatoon Pride maintains the right to refuse any application or submission for any reason.